Written on July 30, 2012 – 1:15 am | by admin |
We hear this word everywhere, either if it's about programs or some other kind of technology. The truth is many people don't know the meaning of the word gadget, also known as gizmo.
To be as precise as possible, a gadget is a small technological object. It can be either a device or an application thought to be more ingenious and unusually designed than other.
Although, it started as a small range of gadgets, today we can classify existent gadgets in various categories, such as:
- Mechanical gadgets, which include clocks, thermometers, and bicycles, that comes in a very large number.
- Programmable gadgets include almost any modern device.
- Application gadgets are small computer programs, such as the ones that Google Desktop implements.
- Eco-friendly gadgets are ones that are solar powered and can be used from lighting your garden to charging batteries or phones.
- Electronic gadgets is a category that has a few other subcategories:
- USB gadgets has a lot of benefits and that's why they are very numerous and diverse. The simplest gadget known and owned by most people is the USB Flash Card. Other examples are the USB Heating Gloves or the USB Cup Heater. As long as you have a computer around, they are very easy to use. All you need is an USB port, at least 1.1. They are small so easy to carry around and require low power.
- iPod gadgets are the one that can be attached to the iPod or the ones the iPod can be attached to. For instance, mini or big audio systems, handbags, and even anti-pick-pocket locks with pass code.
- Spy gadgets are the most sophisticated ones. They can be spy cameras or night vision binoculars, listening devices, and even lie detectors.
- Watch gadgets come very in handy when in need of a calculator or a calendar. Some of them can store music and pictures files and have playing features. In addition, others have built-in flash drives or walkie-talkies.
- Health gadgets is the one category that actually serves a good purpose. These gadgets can check for your blood pressure, temperature or sugar level and others can normalize them.
- Cell phone gadgets are most modern cell phones and their accessories.
- Other type of gadgets is all of those gadgets meant to entertain us and to make our lives much easier.
geeks.com has notebook computers for sale
Like I said before, there are all kinds of gadgets meant to improve our lives and make it easier. Every one of them is useful in one way or another. Some are addressed to certain ages, while others are for all ages. Big companies rely on the fact that as the technological world goes only forward, they will always come up with something new and original to develop and sell. Maybe some of them will remain without any actual purpose, just to be left lying around, but maybe many others will have a good purpose. Personally, I think that the eco-friendly gadgets and the health gadgets will make always a good investment and we should focus on them because we will always be dependent of phones and other pieces of technology with lesser importance.